Whether you are a single home owner, or you are part of Hendersonville property management companies, you need to have an emergency preparedness plan in place and make sure your tenants understand and use it. You never know when something may happen like a fire or earthquake, so you need to have precautions in place to insure your home and your tenants are taken care of. Property managers in Hendersonville can take a little time and set up a plan to have in place should fires, floods, earthquakes or storms be on their way.
If you are looking to create a plan for your homes under your Hendersonville property management companies cover, then here are a few guidelines to help you know what you should do. First, you need to decide what type of plan you need. Not every area has earthquakes or tornadoes.
As Hendersonville property managers you will have resources at hand like the Red Cross to help you get prepared and know what to do. Other items that you need to remember are which tenants, if any, might need help leaving the building. If you have an apartment complex make sure that all exits are properly labeled and easy to get out of. If you have earthquakes, be sure to know where safe spots are in the building should someone have to stay inside during the emergency.
Also when making these plans for your Hendersonville property management companies, keep these in mind:
- Remind tenants during a fire to shut all doors behind them. This helps to keep the fire confined.
- Make sure all the locations of fire extinguishers are labeled and easily detected.
- Make sure that there are clear and easy to read instructions on how the extinguishers work.
- Do not take elevators.
- Communicate to your tenants where the safe spots in a building are in case of earthquake.
- Be sure you know how to contact 911 in case of an emergency. You may have alarms set to do this during an event, but if they are down you need to have a plan in place.
As a property manager in Hendersonville you can have your company, yourself and your tenants ready to go and prepared no matter what may come your way. Be sure to evaluate your plan regularly and adjust as needed.